Monday, June 30, 2008

Through the Lens - Digital Photography 101

I've been contemplating a photography class for some time now, and as I was perusing through Home Sweet Home recently I saw that Dawn had written a post about a Photography class. Hallie at From the Rubber Room has graciously taken on the role of "instructor". Click here to read more about the class.





We've only had one assignment so far - to read our camera manual. Who knew what all those buttons on my camera could do??? Obviously, I would have, had I read the manual! Now I know and wish I would have read the manual long ago, and especially before we went to the beach last week!!!


If anyone else is interested in this class, it's open to anyone and free! All you do is go to the website and click on the join group link and send an email to Hallie. It's all very easy. I hope to learn many things and will, of course, have more photos to share.



1 comment:

Dawn said...

I forced myself out of auto modes and into manual last week, which is something I've fought for some time. I did see that I could take pictures that weren't all black or all white - my biggest fear! Glad you're enjoying Hallie's workshop. I've got to sit down and finish reading the manual, not just on a "need to know" basis. :-)