Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Happy New Year

Where did the last month go? It seems every year the month of December passes by faster than the last year....I hate that. I love this time of year, but there's just never enough time to stop and enjoy it.

We did have a great Christmas! When I uploaded the pictures from our camera, there were 355!!! Of course, I won't post them all, but wanted to share a few from the last month.

I didn't even get a chance to post our Christmas card!!




Merry Christmas!




Peanut pretending to be a reindeer


Now Joshua wants a turn

Every year, Ronnie's employer throws a great Christmas party. There is bowling, jumpies for the kids, and lots of fun. Last year, Joshua wasn't quite big enough to play in the jumpies, but this year, it was so funny watching him run from one to the next and to the next. One was a huge slide - Joshua would climb to the top, slide down, then run as fast as he could around and do it again!








Joshua also got used to me coming home with presents most everyday. He would greet me at the door saying "mine!". Of course, 99% of the time it was his!

This is one of the gifts, a life-sized sheltie dog (like Peanut), but this one is even bigger than Peanut!



We had Christmas with Granny and Poppa and all of the family. Aunt Donna and Uncle Vince gave Joshua a new drum! He loves any kind of instrument. When Ronnie and the rest of the family started playing music later in the evening, Joshua was right in the middle with his drum. He later pretended to play the fiddle with his drumstick! (I should have charged my camera battery!!!)



This year, we didn't travel to Virginia for Christmas. Although we missed our family there, we really did enjoy the nice quiet Christmas we had, just the three of us. We just spent the day together, eating, playing with all of Joshua's presents, eating, watching movies, and did I mention, eating?






I also received a big surprise this year. Most anyone reading this knows that Ronnie can't keep surprises! This year, he did! Christmas morning, Joshua ran down the hall carrying a small wrapped box. Inside was a beautiful ring they had made for me. The ring has each of our birthstones (amethyst, emerald, and opal). It was a BIG surprise to me and I love it!

I can't even really remember what Christmas was like before Joshua. I always dreamed of having days like this, but the reality is so, so much better than that dream! The pitter patter of his little feet running up and down the hall, and the sound of his little voice calling for "momma", just make my heart leap with joy. It's truly a feeling that cannot be described with words.

Lastly, today is January 1st. This is a special day for Ronnie and I. It was 8 years ago today that we met. Who would have thought that 8 years later, we would be so blessed! We have so much to be thankful for. The Lord has been so good to us......

O give thanks unto the Lord; for he is good: because his mercy endureth forever.

Psalm 118:1

No comments: