Sunday, February 11, 2007

Brother S. W. Causey

After church today, we went to visit Brother S.W. Causey in the hospital in Covington. Brother Causey has been a faithful member and deacon at Mt. Paran for 50+ years. He has opened services many, many times since we've been at Mt. Paran and one of his favorite verses is Ephesians 4:32 And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you. I can't tell you how many times he has spoken on this verse, but not only that, his life exemplifies this verse. Brother Causey has also been a wonderful example to the people around him. Brother Gerald Autry today was talking with Brother Causey about times when he was in school and Brother Causey was the Superintendent of schools. The kids all respected Brother Causey because he was strict, but he was also fair.

I write all this to not only to rquest a special prayer for Brother Causey during his time of recovery, but I also write this for myself and pray that I can be this kind of example for Joshua.


Ronnie and I have talked about this many times recently because Joshua loves to put on Ronnie's shoes and walk around the house. This is a reminder to us that he watches how we walk, where we walk, as well as what we say and how we say it. Ronnie quotes to me Titus 2:7 In all things shewing thyself a pattern of good works.

Brother Causey has given all those around him a pattern of good works to follow. I pray that we can provide the same pattern in our home and our lives.
Please keep Brother Causey in your prayers. Mt. Paran missed him tremendously today and we all want him back next Sunday.

1 comment:

Anne said...

Brother Causey was a wonderful man and faithful church member. Mt. Paran, as well as countless others, will miss him. He always demonstrated such kindness and warmth. Jennifer, this site is great and I am so glad to be able to "keep up" with Joshus, you and Bro. Ronnie. Thank you for everything you all do for Dad. He speaks so highly of you all. Love and blessings to your family.