Saturday, July 24, 2010

Growing up

A few months ago, Joshua's class made poster boards shwoing some of their favorite things. Joshua and I went through pictures and picked out a few of his favorites from the beach and soccer. He wanted to include a picture of our family and our church and some of his favorite books. He drew some of his favorite things too: a christmas tree, a robot, and a whale. For a finishing touch, Joshua added a few Lightning McQeen and Batman stickers.

Since the end of the "school year", Joshua has been bringing home a lot of his crafts and projects that were made during the year. Yesterday he brought home the poster board.

Not that I'm emotional or anything, but in a few weeks he will be starting Pre-K. It seems just like yesterday that we took him to school for the very first time. Although I've always known he was growing up much too quickly and I say it often, sometimes it's just a slap in the face! A dose of reality sets in.

Joshua is my little sweetie and he will tell you that he is my baby and will always be my baby. :-) I have a feeling I need to record him saying that so I can play it back for him in a few years. Right now he is perfectly content being my baby and that is perfect with me. He also says that he doesn't want to grow up. I just laugh and say that's okay baby, mommy doesn't want to grow up either! ;-)

No comments: