I woke up this morning, no longer a "30-something", but now the dreaded "40-year-old"!! First I want to say - HOW did that happen? Where was I? I remember as a child wishing for summer to hurry up and get here or Christmas to hurry up and get here. My mother would say, "Honey, don't wish your life away, it goes by fast enough. And the older you get, the faster it goes." Another thing my mother was right about!
I've heard that age 40 is when people begin to evaluate their lives - what they're doing, where they're going, and is this where I thought I would be? Well, this shouldn't be anything new for me, I always evaluate my life. And I can honestly say that no, I haven't accomplished everything I thought I would by now, and there's always a thing here and there I wish I would have done differently, but then I think of how much my Lord has blessed me with a wonderful husband and precious child. And I wouldn't change them for anything in the world!
Ronnie and I discussed the signficance of the number 40 in the Bible. The Israelites spent 40 years in the wilderness before they crossed into the land of Canaan (the promised land). Noah and his family spent 40 days and nights on the ark during the flood before the waters receded and they walked out into a new world. So you can see the number 40 is significant of trials and tribulations, but you can also see that after those trials and tribulations the tremendous joy and blessings that were bestowed by the Lord. Therefore, I'm not quite as afraid of being 40. I believe my Lord has watched over me and will continue to do so. One of my favorite hymns is
I've heard that age 40 is when people begin to evaluate their lives - what they're doing, where they're going, and is this where I thought I would be? Well, this shouldn't be anything new for me, I always evaluate my life. And I can honestly say that no, I haven't accomplished everything I thought I would by now, and there's always a thing here and there I wish I would have done differently, but then I think of how much my Lord has blessed me with a wonderful husband and precious child. And I wouldn't change them for anything in the world!
Ronnie and I discussed the signficance of the number 40 in the Bible. The Israelites spent 40 years in the wilderness before they crossed into the land of Canaan (the promised land). Noah and his family spent 40 days and nights on the ark during the flood before the waters receded and they walked out into a new world. So you can see the number 40 is significant of trials and tribulations, but you can also see that after those trials and tribulations the tremendous joy and blessings that were bestowed by the Lord. Therefore, I'm not quite as afraid of being 40. I believe my Lord has watched over me and will continue to do so. One of my favorite hymns is
Thus Far the Lord Has Led Me On
Thus far the Lord hath led me on,
Thus far His power prolongs my days,
And every evening shall make known
Some fresh memorial of His grace.
Much of my time has run to waste,
And I, perhaps, am near my home;
But He forgives my follies past,
And gives me strength for days to come.
I lay my body down to sleep;
Peace is the pillow for my head;
While well appointed angels keep
Their watchful stations round my bed.
Thus far the Lord hath led me on,
Thus far His power prolongs my days,
And every evening shall make known
Some fresh memorial of His grace.
Much of my time has run to waste,
And I, perhaps, am near my home;
But He forgives my follies past,
And gives me strength for days to come.
I lay my body down to sleep;
Peace is the pillow for my head;
While well appointed angels keep
Their watchful stations round my bed.
Isaac Watts
________________________________________________
Ronnie and Joshua have been celebrating my birthday for a few days. They have brought me flowers, candy, presents, and cakes (yes, cakes)! Of course, I have a couple of pictures to share and a video. The video is a little dark, but hopefully you can see my sweet Joshua singing Happy Birthday to mommy.
Ronnie and Joshua have been celebrating my birthday for a few days. They have brought me flowers, candy, presents, and cakes (yes, cakes)! Of course, I have a couple of pictures to share and a video. The video is a little dark, but hopefully you can see my sweet Joshua singing Happy Birthday to mommy.


Have not I commanded thee? Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the LORD thy God is with thee whithersoever thou goest. Joshua 1:9
2 comments:
Happy Birthday! Hope you have a wonderful day!
Love, Beth
You're not 40! You are only in your 20's, right?? :)
I hope you had a wonderful birthday! See you Sunday!!!
Post a Comment