Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Thanksgiving

We will be heading to Hazy's tomorrow for our annual Thanksgiving celebration. This will be Joshua's fourth trip on an airplane, but I think this year, he will really enjoy it. We've been talking about it all week and this morning he was really excited about going to see Hazy (or HeyHey as he calls her). I'm also looking forward to seeing my entire family. I haven't been home in quite some time.

We have set aside this time of year to reflect upon all of our many blessings and God has blessed me beyond measure. I have so, so many things for which I am thankful, but here are a few:

A loving, caring, supportive family.

Many friends.

Food, clothes and water. (With the severe drought this year, it's pretty scary to think that we may not have enough water supply. I also heard on the news that the food banks are much busier this year. The news report stated that at one area food bank 8 out of 10 people are first-timers. With increases in the price of gas, food, and healthcare, many families are pushed to the brink.)

An employer who provides me with a flexible work schedule so that I can spend a few days at home with Joshua. And also provides my family with great medical insurance.

A warm and comfortable home.

A wonderful church family.

An amazing, loving husband.

Without a doubt, the most precious little boy in the world.

My Lord, who has provided me with all these blessings and so much more.


Happy Thanksgiving!

2 comments:

Beth said...

Hope you have a wonderful day with family as well! We are also very excited about you all coming in December! I just know Joshua and Lillie will have a great time together!

Amber said...

What a sweet picture. Hope you had a great trip!