On the way home from soccer practice, the setting sun looked like a perfectly round ball of fire. We drove around trying to find a perfect spot to get a picture, which was pretty funny in itself! Ronnie and Joshua were in the backseat telling me to turn this way or that way, and Ronnie kept saying, "I hope the law doesn't get behind us!" Joshua pointed the sun out through the trees and we were able to get on top of a hill in a parking lot. I was able to get one shot before the sun disappeared behind the trees.
As beautiful as the setting sun was, as Ronnie and I looked back at the entire picture, it is rather somber as well. I captured the sun setting over an old sawmill that used to run non-stop, but now sits idle with stacks of lumber waiting to be purchased. Another sign of the poor economic times, but also a sign of hope and promise from the Lord.

By the word of the LORD were the heavens made; and all the host of them by the breath of his mouth. Psalm 33:6
No comments:
Post a Comment